Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Day 2006



I am so happy have holiday in U. S. and get with their cultures. This week we got the long weekend because the Thanksgiving Day. Thanksgiving comes on the 4th Thursday in November. As I know, this is a family holiday; the news reported the crowed traffic and airport. In addition, the Macy's Thanksgiving parade in New York City. It's so spectacularly!!( I saw it on TV)

Our friend invited us to their home and had a big meal, of course, the Turkey, and a wonderful time. We appreciate their help in everything and always give us encourages.

The other thing is “Black Friday” next to the Thanksgiving Day. Actually, it is a shopping day for people have a low price to get some thing. Most stores open on early five o’clock, it is really work and a lot of people go to shopping. We went to the Wheaton Plaza and chosen some give for our family and friends. I like Thanksgiving Day anyway.

picture resource:http://www.meyersound.com/news/2003/macys_parade/

5 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

As always, you and your family experience everything you can experience in your American adventure!

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Chunree said...

Hi,Jenniferho!
I'm Chunnree.I'm university student at Kansai university in Osaka,Japan.I have studied English to communicate with people who are all over the world.
I'm so jealous that you have the Thanksgiving Day in U.S.It's sound great!

 
At 2:11 AM, Anonymous JohnnieWalker said...

Hi!Ms.Jenniferho!!

My name is JohnnieWalker.
I came from "Our Slow Life"
http://our-slow-life.blogspot.com/

I read your post!
You enjoyed the Thanksgiving Day,
didn't you?

I live in Japan.
So I have ever got ]
the Thanksgiving Day.

But,My English teacher who is American recommends "BBQ Chickin" to me!
I got "BBQ Chickin" with my friend on this Thanksgiving Day!

I enjoyed the Thanksgiving Day,too(^^)

Sincerely,
JohnnieWalker

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger kitty said...

Hello,I'm marie.I'm a japanese student.Nice to meet you☆★
Thanksgiving Day...I don't know.
What is Thanksgiving Day?What is family holiday?
Maybe We don't have The holiday like that.
But it's interesting.I want to experience Thanksgiving Day.

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger 食いしん坊 said...

Hello, I'm a universiry student in Japan.
I don't know Thanksgiving Day.
But it sounds interesting!!
I want to go to New York and see the Macy's Thanksgiving parade.
If I experience Thanksgiving Day, I will come to like the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home