Saturday, December 02, 2006

My Experience in Watching The Five People You Meet in Heaven

Before this semester ending, we saw the movie “The Five People You Meet in Heaven” on Friday finally. Since finished this novel, we can understand the movie without the subtitle. I must say it is very different between read the novel and watch the movie. The movie really heart-stirring and every frame let me evoke the words of novel. Especially, the background music and the film is very match. I will remember the words in my mind, “ that each affects the other and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.”.
My grandmother passed way when I was 20 years old. By the same year I just got the drive license. It was also my first time drove her to my home. She asked me a question, a serious question, “Where is your aunt? Actually, I known she passed away.” At that time, I did not how to answer this question. In fact, my aunt passed away and everyone lied to my grandmother for 5 years. What would they have talked about if they had met in the heaven? I wish that my grandmother had been able to forgive us. Especially, forgiving my aunt, because she suicide.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Sometimes we lie to people "for their own good." For example, if we know they are dying, we don't tell them. Or, as in the case of your grandmother, we keep a painful truth from them about someone they love. I believe it is better for people to know the truth. I prefer to be honest, even if the truth is very painful. It is easier to deal with facts. However, in the case of one's own death, I think some people do not want to know they are dying. And some doctors think if we tell a patient they are dying, they just give up fighting. Personally, I am not sure why a dying patient should continue fighting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home